Thursday, September 29, 2011

September weather

When it comes to weather September is without a doubt my favorite month. Most of the month is still technically summer but you don’t get very many really hot days. It is better than May or June because it is not as rainy.

There is no better month to play outside. It is warm enough that you don’t need a jacket but cool enough that you can run around and play for a long time without melting. I find myself trying to spend more time outside and going to more parks in September than I do in July or August.

My the end of the month you can feel a touch of fall. You can see leaves begin to change color and the nights start to get noticeably longer but it is still warm enough to wear flip flops for a few more weeks.

It is also the month that peaches are in season. My favorite breakfast ever is a bowl of sliced peaches frozen just enough so that the milk you pour on it freezes to the peaches but they are still soft enough to eat. Sprinkle a little sugar on it and enjoy.

Enjoy this wonderful September weather while it last. Now I think I will get the kids and go to the park.

No comments:

Post a Comment