Tuesday, September 13, 2011

French braids

 

When I was about five my mom cut off my hair and gave me what my dad called a pixie cut. Basically a very short bob. It was cute and easy to take care of, but I couldn’t wait for it to grow out. Because there is one big downside to short hair. You can’t braid it. I remember asking about every week when I was eight if my hair was long enough to French braid yet.

By the time I was 11 or 12 I had taught myself to French braid my own hair. I remember braiding all the girls hair at my first year of girls camp.

I loved French braids then and I love them still.

I love how they look. I love how they keep all your hair back with out feeling to tight like a pony tail can. And I love that Kathryn finally has long enough hair to French braid and the patience to sit still long enough for me to do it.

102_0789

Doesn’t it look nice?

2 comments:

  1. I think french braids are so cute. I kinda taught myself on my dolls, but their hair was never quite long enough, so I'm really not very good. I wish I knew how to french braid my own hair. Maybe one day I'll get the opportunity to practice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It would definetly be harder to braid a dolls hair I think. When I first started trying it on my own hair I would do it backwards. It took awhile to get it right. I think I figured out from watching Mom braid her hair. She had long hair until I was in highschool.
    -Katie-Beth

    ReplyDelete