Thursday, September 22, 2011

Ice-cream

 

Monday afternoon a person from our ward  knocked on our door and asked if we wanted any ice-cream. If he had known me at all he wouldn’t have needed to ask. Apparently he used to work for an Tillamook and still has connections. He is retired now and likes to give ice-cream to a different family each week as a treat for family night. I think that is a great way to serve people.

He gave us a few different options and I chose mint chocolate chip. It was delicious. I love to eat ice-cream. I don’t think I have ever eaten a pint of Ben and Jerry’s in four separate servings. One of my favorite things  to do is to sit on the couch at night, eating a bowl of ice-cream and watch a good show with Michael.

I have many wonderful memories connected to ice-cream. Never ending ice-cream cones at Grandma and Grandpa’s house, service projects at Dairy Queen, Friday ice-cream with my friend Amanda, Baskin-Robbins after band concerts, home-made ice-cream on the Fourth of July, Phish Food with Darcy, I could go on.

If I had to chose between breaking my leg or never eating ice-cream again I would go with breaking my leg.

image

2 comments:

  1. I would normally agree with you but that is one food I don't seem to like this pregnancy. Guess it's good for not gaining weight (I hope). Loving your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I am pregnant I really like cold fruity things so I eat a lot more sherbert than ice-cream. I'm glad you are enjoying my blog.
    -Katie-Beth

    ReplyDelete