Monday, September 12, 2011

I can grow zucchini and eat it too

I remember going to the store once with my sister and trying to buy some zucchini. She told me that you didn’t buy zucchini you waited for a neighbor or relative to give you some.

This summer I decided to finally have my own garden. It isn’t very big but it is doing great. I have made salsa with my own tomatoes and peppers. I have five pumpkins sitting on my kitchen counter and at least fifteen more growing.

And I have zucchini. So far my family and I have been able to successfully eat all the zucchini we have grown without pawning it off on our friends and family. My favorite way of eating it is in chocolate zucchini bread.

Just to prove how good I am at growing zucchini here is a picture of one I picked this morning.

102_0843

The cute baby in the picture is to show how big the zucchini is. This zucchini is destined to be in some lentil soup. I think my first year as a vegetable gardener has been a success!

2 comments:

  1. I'm excited for your garden. That is by far the thing I look forward to the most about buying a house. That and being able to paint walls. But a garden is something I think is so great if you can maintain it, because you can see the fruits of your labor.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think food tastes better when you grow it yourself. I am excited to make some pumkin pancakes with my own pumpkins.
    -Katie-Beth

    ReplyDelete