Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Favorite Christmas songs

It was a lot harder to make a small list of my favorite Christmas songs than my least favorite. I divided it into two sections, hymns and not hymns.

Hymns.

1. I Heard the Bells on Christmas Day- I had a nice little paragraph written about why I love this song and then I found this video by Ed Herman and the Mormon Tabernacle choir and decided that they did a much better job. The only problem with this song is when people only sing the first three verses and end at the saddest part of the story.

2. Oh Holy Night- Darcy wrote a great post about this song. I will just say that I agree.

3. Joy to the World- I think song pretty much sums how I feel about Christmas and it is fun to sing. Here is one version.

Non Hymns

1. Snoopy and the Red Baron- Apparently the actual name of the song is Snoopy’s Christmas by the Royal Guardsmen. Here is a good version of it. I listened to this song growing up and still love it.

2. Thistle Hair the Christmas Bear- Here is a version that comes with a light show too. Thistle Hair is another Christmas song from my childhood. My dad has a big shelf full of CD. A shelf probably as tall as me. He probably has at least thirty different Christmas CDs. Alabama’s Christmas CD was one of them and this was on it. Listening to this song makes me think of my Dad.

3. Feliz Navidad- A fun song to sing along to in the car. It has a good beat.

4. Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas- My brother-in-law just made his own version of this song.

Apparently I like Christmas songs that tell stories. Also I like feel good songs. Find some Christmas songs you love and listen to them. Not much makes me happier than listening to good Christmas music at Christmas time.

What’s your favorite Christmas song?

1 comment:

  1. I'd never heard of Thistle Hair before you showed me. I think I've decided that #4 is my favorite though these are all great songs in my opinion.

    ReplyDelete