Monday, October 24, 2011

Sitting in a cubicle



When Michael and I were dating he worked as a TA for a computer science class at BYU. His birthday is on Wednesday and I thought I would post this poem he wrote for me while we were dating to show how talented he is and how lucky I am. I doubt many people who know Michael would guess he is actually quite a good poet.
Sitting in a cubicle

I was sitting in a cubical,
Nothing much to do,
But think and dream and wonder
if Katie-Beth was thinking too.



Does someone need help?
"No, not today."
Another student passes by.
So I sit and wait with nothing to say.



Is Katie-Beth smiling?
Is she happy or sad?
Is she laughing and clapping?
Or has the weather been bad?



Perhaps she is playing,
And singing, and dancing.
Maybe she is praying,
And pondering, and listening.



Whatever it be,
Wherever she's gone,
Whomever she's with,
Whatever she's done.



Remember that Mike
Thinks your worth's beyond rubies,
And your simplest smile
Without compare in the movies.



And so silently I sit,
And my cubical fill,
Thinking and dreaming
Of Katie-Beth still.


 


Now who wouldn’t fall for a guy if he wrote them a poem like that?


 

No comments:

Post a Comment